Hi All,

I'm working on a new project and I would like to create a customizable layout where the user can show/hide, arrange, move, resize, etc ... several panels.
As reference example think to the MS Visual Studio editor.

I've worked a little with the DOCK field and it seems to be a good start but not yet complete.

Is there someone who use the DOCK field? If yes, what are your impressions? Any tips?

I think the DOCK field should be improved but I'm not sure which is the best way to follow.
Trying to recreate a behavior like the MSVC editor is of course the best thing to do but it will be very complicated too.
I don't know if there are some easier ways to follow to achieve a good result without spending hours and hours on coding.

An idea could be use the dock keyword as attribute (not as field) and let each dock_pane to anchor to every fields with the dock attribute.

In case we find a good solution (whatever it will be) then the new dock will be applied to nana-creator and I think will be useful to Kunlun (Jinhao's new IDE) too.

Hi All, I'm working on a new project and I would like to create a customizable layout where the user can show/hide, arrange, move, resize, etc ... several panels. As reference example think to the MS Visual Studio editor. I've worked a little with the DOCK field and it seems to be a good start but not yet complete. Is there someone who use the DOCK field? If yes, what are your impressions? Any tips? I think the DOCK field should be improved but I'm not sure which is the best way to follow. Trying to recreate a behavior like the MSVC editor is of course the best thing to do but it will be very complicated too. I don't know if there are some easier ways to follow to achieve a good result without spending hours and hours on coding. An idea could be use the dock keyword as attribute (not as field) and let each dock_pane to anchor to every fields with the dock attribute. In case we find a good solution (whatever it will be) then the new dock will be applied to nana-creator and I think will be useful to Kunlun (Jinhao's new IDE) too.
edited Sep 6 at 9:17 am

I'm working on a new project and I would like to create a customizable layout where the user can show/hide, arrange, move, resize, etc ... several panels.

IMO class place doesn't match this requirement.

An idea could be use the dock keyword as attribute (not as field) and let each dock_pane to anchor to every fields with the dock attribute.

It's too complicated. In a complex UI, we usually use panels to make complex UI into small panels and put these panels in a form. Every panel has its own place object to lay out its child widgets. If a dock_pane can anchor to every fields with the dock attribute, it would supports that a dock_pane could be moved across the panes and be inserted to a field in a different place object.

>I'm working on a new project and I would like to create a customizable layout where the user can show/hide, arrange, move, resize, etc ... several panels. IMO class place doesn't match this requirement. > An idea could be use the dock keyword as attribute (not as field) and let each dock_pane to anchor to every fields with the dock attribute. It's too complicated. In a complex UI, we usually use panels to make complex UI into small panels and put these panels in a form. Every panel has its own place object to lay out its child widgets. If a dock_pane can anchor to every fields with the dock attribute, it would supports that a dock_pane could be moved across the panes and be inserted to a field in a different place object.

IMO class place doesn't match this requirement.

You've done a better job than what you think with place.
It's a bit tricky because you have to add/remove controls from place and "rewrite" the div statement but place has a lot of potentials and I'm sure with some small adjustments we can find a good solution to manage full dockable UI.

I'm doing some test (very slowly due to little time I have) with place and dock.
If someone has some suggestion is welcome.

Ciao

>> I'm working on a new project and I would like to create a customizable layout where the user can show/hide, arrange, move, resize, etc ... several panels. >IMO class place doesn't match this requirement. You've done a better job than what you think with place. It's a bit tricky because you have to add/remove controls from place and "rewrite" the div statement but place has a lot of potentials and I'm sure with some small adjustments we can find a good solution to manage full dockable UI. I'm doing some test (very slowly due to little time I have) with place and dock. If someone has some suggestion is welcome. Ciao

Hi all,

finally I've a new usable control who improve the docking system of nana::place

Its name is adi_place (where adi means ADVANCED DOCKING INTERFACE)

Right now is possible to see it in action in the last release of nana creator

Here the GitHub repo:
https://github.com/besh81/nana-creator

and here the Win exe:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nana-creator/files/latest/download

5d7137db2a633.jpg

Of course there is still work to be done but the general idea should be clearly visible.
Let me know what you think.
Ciao

Hi all, finally I've a new usable control who improve the docking system of nana::place Its name is **adi_place** (where adi means **_ADVANCED DOCKING INTERFACE_**) Right now is possible to see it in action in the last release of nana creator Here the GitHub repo: https://github.com/besh81/nana-creator and here the Win exe: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nana-creator/files/latest/download ![5d7137db2a633.jpg](serve/attachment&path=5d7137db2a633.jpg) Of course there is still work to be done but the general idea should be clearly visible. Let me know what you think. Ciao

I tired to compile Nana Creator 0.22.0 and I get the following errors during the compilation:

build messages.txt
build log.txt

I tired to compile Nana Creator 0.22.0 and I get the following errors during the compilation: [build messages.txt](serve/attachment&path=5d960eb51d1c0.txt) [build log.txt](serve/attachment&path=5d960eb52ebcf.txt)
ld.exe||cannot find -lpng|
ld.exe||cannot find -ljpeg|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|

You have to link the 2 missing libs: libpng and libjpeg (also zlib that is necessary to libpng) !!!

```` ld.exe||cannot find -lpng| ld.exe||cannot find -ljpeg| ||error: ld returned 1 exit status| ```` You have to link the 2 missing libs: **libpng** and **libjpeg** (also **zlib** that is necessary to libpng) !!!

I do not see these file in the zip file of NANA Creator that I downloaded. Where can I get them?

I suggest that these file to be included in the NANA Creator source code. Thanks.

I do not see these file in the zip file of NANA Creator that I downloaded. Where can I get them? I suggest that these file to be included in the NANA Creator source code. Thanks.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft