I am trying to compile nana creator 1.9 using Code::Blocks 17.12 and MSYS2 MinGW 8.3.

I get the following compilation errors:

build_log.txt
build_message.txt

I am trying to compile nana creator 1.9 using Code::Blocks 17.12 and MSYS2 MinGW 8.3. I get the following compilation errors: [build_log.txt](serve/attachment&path=5ce162ee1e6db.txt) [build_message.txt](serve/attachment&path=5ce162ee2e91c.txt)

Hey ABD, I know you are having trouble for a few weeks now. But all what people do to help you is read those logs and try to find where a error happen. Have you tryied to do that as well?

I'm trying to not be rude by saying this, but it all seem like you are blindless asking for help in every single different compiler, without actually reading the output messages. (That's the way I see it here).

So, in order to help you understand, you could see the end of the build_message:

||=== Build failed: 3 error(s), 8 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 3 second(s)) ===|

See, you have 3 errors. Try to find them in the same file:

ld.exe||cannot find -lpng|
ld.exe||cannot find -ljpeg|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|

Probably you might have to link against png and jpeg libraries. I dont use MSYS2 MinGW, so I cant help you in this.

Now if you go into build_log and read the last line, you will get similar output:

3 error(s), 8 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 3 second(s))

As an exercise, try finding where, in build_log, is the errors it is claiming to have.

I think that by doing this you might get an direction and can start walking by your own feet.

Hey ABD, I know you are having trouble for a few weeks now. But all what people do to help you is read those logs and try to find where a error happen. Have you tryied to do that as well? I'm trying to not be rude by saying this, but it all seem like you are blindless asking for help in every single different compiler, without actually reading the output messages. (That's the way I see it here). So, in order to help you understand, you could see the end of the build_message: ``` ||=== Build failed: 3 error(s), 8 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 3 second(s)) ===| ``` See, you have 3 errors. Try to find them in the same file: ``` ld.exe||cannot find -lpng| ld.exe||cannot find -ljpeg| ||error: ld returned 1 exit status| ``` Probably you might have to link against ``png`` and ``jpeg`` libraries. I dont use MSYS2 MinGW, so I cant help you in this. Now if you go into ``build_log`` and read the last line, you will get similar output: ``` 3 error(s), 8 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 3 second(s)) ``` As an exercise, try finding where, in ``build_log``, is the errors it is claiming to have. I think that by doing this you might get an direction and can start walking by your own feet.

Also, I dont know what is your setup or limitations, but I would recommend you to use Visual Studio, there is even a free Community version. Its pretty easy to set up there: it's literrally just follow the tutorials and that's it.

And keep in mind that nana_creator is a third party software that might have errors non-related to nana itself. So you will be better asking about nana_creator on their pages at github ( https://github.com/besh81/nana-creator/issues ).

Also, I dont know what is your setup or limitations, but I would recommend you to use Visual Studio, there is even a free Community version. Its pretty easy to set up there: it's literrally just follow the tutorials and that's it. And keep in mind that nana_creator is a third party software that might have errors non-related to nana itself. So you will be better asking about nana_creator on their pages at github ( https://github.com/besh81/nana-creator/issues ).

Hi eduardoroeder,

If I could detect the problem just by looking at the compiler build messages, then I would not have posted them in the forum. Some of the compiler warning and messages is easy to find out where the problem is, but some compiler errors is not easy even for professional programmers.

My intention of posting a message to the forum is that by chance somebody had similar or identical issue and know how to correct it.

The nana creator is an application that was developed by besh81 and I was hoping he/she respond to my post instead of you as he/she knows the application better than anybody else.

I am using Code::Blocks for the fact that it is a cross platform IDE and I develop most of my program for Linux environment. So using VC is not an option for me.

Finally, most of my question posting in the forum is primarily for the fact that NANA does not have a good documentation. No matter how good NANA is or turn out to be in future, it will not get popularity and serious attention as long as there is not a professional documentation. To me listing NANA source code is not documentation. Take a look at the book for wxWidgets or QT documentation and books to get what I mean by documentation. I chose NANA instead of the other aforementioned two libraries because one of them is based on MFC and the other licensing scheme does not match my requirement.

Have a nice day.

Hi eduardoroeder, If I could detect the problem just by looking at the compiler build messages, then I would not have posted them in the forum. Some of the compiler warning and messages is easy to find out where the problem is, but some compiler errors is not easy even for professional programmers. My intention of posting a message to the forum is that by chance somebody had similar or identical issue and know how to correct it. **The nana creator is an application that was developed by besh81 and I was hoping he/she respond to my post instead of you as he/she knows the application better than anybody else.** **I am using Code::Blocks for the fact that it is a cross platform IDE and I develop most of my program for Linux environment. So using VC is not an option for me.** Finally, **most of my question posting in the forum is primarily for the fact that NANA does not have a good documentation.** No matter how good NANA is or turn out to be in future, it will not get popularity and serious attention as long as there is not a professional documentation.** To me listing NANA source code is not documentation.** Take a look at the book for wxWidgets or QT documentation and books to get what I mean by documentation. I chose NANA instead of the other aforementioned two libraries because one of them is based on MFC and the other licensing scheme does not match my requirement. Have a nice day.
edited May 20 at 3:49 pm

I get your point, and like I said: I'm trying to not be rude or harsh.

But yeah, against compiler errors sometimes you dont get the right direction even for professional programmers.

Said that, have you tryied to link against the png and jpg libraries?
https://github.com/cnjinhao/nana/wiki/Configuration-of-Third-Party-Libraries-for-Nana

As for the other statements, about linking you to nana_creator github was to help you give more visibility of your specific problem, since over github besh would receive an e-mail for every issue that's created over there.

If i'm not wrong, you can use visual studio to deploy linux environments. I didnt get into this yet but a simple google to "visual studio linux development" led me to a few pages relating to that, one of them being from MS blog.

I totally agree that NANA documentation is not the best documentation by far and for it to get attention it should improve the documentation, but you cant compare to the other avaiable GUI frameworks.

As far as I know, both wx and QT are mainly commercial(they have a non-commercial licenses as well) and are/were developed as a team, with founding of the customers and big companies (QT) and actually have more than 20+ years of development and documentation (WX), on the time where live open-source and community based improvements via github were not a reality, thus, making it centralized in each change to the core-developer/release. This actually made easier to document when they actually started the documentation as long with the development. They probably didnt start well-documented but after the code got mature enough the documentation grow up together. You cant develop the documentation before the code. You need stable code to document, if it is not stable then thats double(or triple) work.

I get your point, and like I said: I'm trying to not be rude or harsh. But yeah, against compiler errors sometimes you dont get the right direction even for professional programmers. Said that, have you tryied to link against the png and jpg libraries? https://github.com/cnjinhao/nana/wiki/Configuration-of-Third-Party-Libraries-for-Nana As for the other statements, about linking you to nana_creator github was to help you give more visibility of your specific problem, since over github besh would receive an e-mail for every issue that's created over there. If i'm not wrong, you can use visual studio to deploy linux environments. I didnt get into this yet but a simple google to "visual studio linux development" led me to a few pages relating to that, one of them being from MS blog. I totally agree that NANA documentation is not the best documentation by far and for it to get attention it should improve the documentation, but you cant compare to the other avaiable GUI frameworks. As far as I know, both wx and QT are mainly commercial(they have a non-commercial licenses as well) and are/were developed as a team, with founding of the customers and big companies (QT) and actually have more than 20+ years of development and documentation (WX), on the time where live open-source and community based improvements via github were not a reality, thus, making it centralized in each change to the core-developer/release. This actually made easier to document when they actually started the documentation as long with the development. They probably didnt start well-documented but after the code got mature enough the documentation grow up together. You cant develop the documentation before the code. You need stable code to document, if it is not stable then thats double(or triple) work.

Newest version now is 0.20.0

Anyway, you need to link with the jpeg, png and zlib library.

Source codes can be found here:

libjpeg-turbo 2.02, libpng 1.6.37, zlib 1.2.11

Newest version now is 0.20.0 Anyway, you need to link with the jpeg, png and zlib library. Source codes can be found here: [libjpeg-turbo 2.02](https://libjpeg-turbo.org), [libpng 1.6.37](http://libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html), [zlib 1.2.11](https://zlib.net)
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft