The nana::group caption and nana::checkbox caption are behaving strangely in certain PC. In one PC everything is fine and in some others, the caption is chopped or none existent!

I guess it is some sort of buffer corruption in the nana library.

The nana::group caption and nana::checkbox caption are behaving strangely in certain PC. In one PC everything is fine and in some others, the caption is chopped or none existent! I guess it is some sort of buffer corruption in the nana library.
edited Jun 5 at 5:44 pm

This is how the GUI should look like:
2019-06-10_115945 GOOD.bmp

This is the same GUI and the same .exe but bad GUI
2019-06-10_115900 BAD.bmp

This is how the GUI should look like: [2019-06-10_115945 GOOD.bmp](serve/attachment&path=5cfe7eadefc96.bmp) This is the same GUI and the same .exe but bad GUI [2019-06-10_115900 BAD.bmp](serve/attachment&path=5cfe7eade6355.bmp)
edited Jun 10 at 5:02 pm

The "bad" GUI is caused by the font scaling. The font size is bigger than default 100% size.
A workaround for the issue is to create a bigger window and widgets.

The "bad" GUI is caused by the font scaling. The font size is bigger than default 100% size. A workaround for the issue is to create a bigger window and widgets.

Hi Jinhao,

I checked the font scaling in both computers and they are both at 100%. But the same .exe behaves differently, one works as expected (GOOD) and they other misbehaves (BAD).

So, I am surprised that font scaling could be the issue! Despite this and assuming that font scaling is the issue, is there a way to have a check in NANA so that when the computer system default font is bigger than than 100%, automatically change the NANA widget font size to smaller size to fit in the widget?

Probably the other solution would be to have NANA built-in fonts, so that the computer system font is not used at all.

Hi Jinhao, I checked the font scaling in both computers and they are both at 100%. But the same .exe behaves differently, one works as expected (GOOD) and they other misbehaves (BAD). So, I am surprised that font scaling could be the issue! Despite this and assuming that font scaling is the issue, is there a way to have a check in NANA so that when the computer system default font is bigger than than 100%, automatically change the NANA widget font size to smaller size to fit in the widget? **Probably the other solution would be to have NANA built-in fonts, so that the computer system font is not used at all.**
edited Jun 13 at 8:04 pm
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft