Although it is NOT mentioned in the release notes, it seems to be the case that v1.7.2 suddenly needs c++17.

This is causing a lot of grief, centered around nana::filebox.

The codeblocks library build project is still using C++11. I have changed that and the library itself now builds successfully. But my apps now give

C:\Users\James\code\nana-1.7.2\build\codeblocks\libnana.a(filebox.o):filebox.cpp|| undefined reference to `std::filesystem::__cxx11::path::_M_split_cmpts()'|

Please:

1. Provide a clear statement that c++17 is needed ( or not )

2. Fix the codeblocks library build project

3. Let us know what other changes we need to build an application

Although it is NOT mentioned in the release notes, it seems to be the case that v1.7.2 suddenly needs c++17. This is causing a lot of grief, centered around nana::filebox. The codeblocks library build project is still using C++11. I have changed that and the library itself now builds successfully. But my apps now give ```` C:\Users\James\code\nana-1.7.2\build\codeblocks\libnana.a(filebox.o):filebox.cpp|| undefined reference to `std::filesystem::__cxx11::path::_M_split_cmpts()'| ```` Please: 1. Provide a clear statement that c++17 is needed ( or not ) 2. Fix the codeblocks library build project 3. Let us know what other changes we need to build an application
edited Aug 2 at 3:51 pm

Yes, "officially" nana need c++17 as one can see in the CMake file.
BUT, we have many workarounds for it to works with C++11. please report as detailled as possible any problems and we all will try to fix.
General problems will be fixed as general as possible, but for problems with "old" standars just workarounds will be provided.
Unfortunally, "vendors" and the std self have been changing frecuently the filesystem API and implemetation, which need a lot of workarounds.
Do you have the same problem if nana filesystem is forced?
Please provide as many details as posible related to your filesystem compiler options, compiler version, OS, etc.

Yes, "officially" nana need c++17 as one can see in the CMake file. BUT, we have many workarounds for it to works with C++11. please report as detailled as possible any problems and we all will try to fix. General problems will be fixed as general as possible, but for problems with "old" standars just workarounds will be provided. Unfortunally, "vendors" and the std self have been changing frecuently the filesystem API and implemetation, which need a lot of workarounds. Do you have the same problem if nana filesystem is forced? Please provide as many details as posible related to your filesystem compiler options, compiler version, OS, etc.

Yes, "officially" nana need c++17 as one can see in the CMake file.

Why would I look at a CMake file? I do not use one.

This should be mentioned in the release as a breaking change, since it breaks the build and I wasted a lot of time before realizing why things had stopped working.

I use the codeblocks library build project. This does NOT have the std=C++17 defined and so the library build fails. Please fix this!!!!

Please provide as many details as posible related to your filesystem compiler options, compiler version, OS, etc.

filesystem compiler options: I do not know what this means. I use the codeblocks library build project ( C:\Users\James\code\nana-1.7.2\build\codeblocks )

The compiler is g++ v8.3

The OS is Windows 10.

> Yes, "officially" nana need c++17 as one can see in the CMake file. Why would I look at a CMake file? I do not use one. This should be mentioned in the release as a breaking change, since it breaks the build and I wasted a lot of time before realizing why things had stopped working. I use the codeblocks library build project. This does NOT have the std=C++17 defined and so the library build fails. Please fix this!!!! > Please provide as many details as posible related to your filesystem compiler options, compiler version, OS, etc. filesystem compiler options: I do not know what this means. I use the codeblocks library build project ( C:\Users\James\code\nana-1.7.2\build\codeblocks ) The compiler is g++ v8.3 The OS is Windows 10.

You have a real FIX not just a workaround.
Sorry, currently I can test only cmake/clion/windows 10 and 7, cmake/travis/linux, vc/appveyor

You have a real FIX not just a workaround. Sorry, currently I can test only cmake/clion/windows 10 and 7, cmake/travis/linux, vc/appveyor
edited Aug 2 at 11:20 pm

You have a real FIX not just a workaround.

Not so. The library builds with std=C++17, but my application does not.

Sorry, currently I can test only cmake/clion/windows 10 and 7, cmake/travis/linux, vc/appveyor

I will add a note to the build instructions that the codeblocks library build is released without being tested.

>You have a real FIX not just a workaround. Not so. The library builds with std=C++17, but my application does not. >Sorry, currently I can test only cmake/clion/windows 10 and 7, cmake/travis/linux, vc/appveyor I will add a note to the build instructions that the codeblocks library build is released without being tested.

g++ 9.1 works perfectly fine...

Some details please. Where did you get g++ v9.1? Are you building on windows? Are you using codeblocks? Are you using released codeblocks project un-modified?

>g++ 9.1 works perfectly fine... Some details please. Where did you get g++ v9.1? Are you building on windows? Are you using codeblocks? Are you using released codeblocks project un-modified?

I am using CodeBlocks 17.12 binaries from the website (unmodified)... on Windows....

I built g++ 9.1 from the scripts provided from the webiste http://nuwen.net ... (it's 8.2 from the website)...

If you like, I can upload my built.... with everything up-to-date...

Also, I did install nana on Ubuntu and Elementary OS... with g++ 9.1... and it works also...

(g++ 9.1 fully supports c++17)

I am using CodeBlocks 17.12 binaries from the website (unmodified)... on Windows.... I built g++ 9.1 from the scripts provided from the webiste http://nuwen.net ... (it's 8.2 from the website)... If you like, I can upload my built.... with everything up-to-date... Also, I did install nana on Ubuntu and Elementary OS... with g++ 9.1... and it works also... (g++ 9.1 fully supports c++17)
edited Aug 3 at 7:11 pm

Something seems strange. If you are using the codeblocks library build project unmodified for v1.7.2, then you will have std=C++11. But, as far as I know, v1.7.2 does not build with c++11

Something seems strange. If you are using the codeblocks library build project unmodified for v1.7.2, then you will have std=C++11. But, as far as I know, v1.7.2 does not build with c++11

I set CodeBlocks default to C++17... before open Nana 1.7.2 project....

I set CodeBlocks default to C++17... before open Nana 1.7.2 project....

Still support C++11. Nana needs to work with old GCC compilers.

Still support C++11. Nana needs to work with old GCC compilers.

The current release is still v1.7.2. which is broken. Can we get an update please, including the fixes in v1.7.2-hotfix?

The current release is still v1.7.2. which is broken. Can we get an update please, including the fixes in v1.7.2-hotfix?
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft